Jerry Curvey – Founder/Director
Hi, I’m Jerry Curvey. I was born and raised in Houston, TX during the 1950’s. I was brought up in the Church of Christ and attended HISD schools.
I entered the U.S. Air Force (I’ve heard practically all the dumb jokes) in 1971 and was immediately dispatched to Southeast Asia and the Vietnam Conflict, after tech school.
I served there from January 1972 to January 1973. Had some traumatic experiences during that time that led to issues. I had trouble readjusting to civilian life when I returned home. The Veterans Administration began a program call Vet Centers in 1979. That was at least six years after my return from the war.
I never heard about Vet Centers until I went to work as a volunteer at the Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston in 2018. After 40 years of seeking help for the issues, I heard President Obama say something to the effect “that anyone that serves in a war zone and thinks that they are not going to be affected in wrong!” That is not a verbatim quote but I think I’m close. I decided to try them again and was given help for something that had been discovered within a few years of my going back. It was called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
Even though I had some reasonable success in business, it was not as much as I felt I could have been without the issues. I was an entrepreneur and self-employed individual for most of my life. I now want to help others to learn from my experience and talents to get ahead again in the journey to the American Dream that they risk their lives for to no longer be a different kind of soldier left behind. As a proud Air Force Veteran let me say Let’s Fly High Together!!!!
Jerry Wayne Curvey, USAF, Vietnam Era Tour of Duty, 1972-1973
- COO current at Innovative Acquisitions & Investments Founder/Director at Valor Shield Inc, current
- Former Logistics Operations Manager at H.A.P.S. / Specialty Mortgage Services
- Graduate Certificate in Branding and Marketing for Entrepreneurs at Strayer University
- BBA Finance at Strayer University
- Studied Business/Marketing at University of Texas at Arlington
- Associates of Arts in Business Administration at Richland College, Richardson, TX
- Went to Phyllis Wheatley High School
- Native Houstonian
- One son, Brent “Big Play” Curvey, 4 grandkids
Valor Shield Consultants
J. Nathan Overstreet – Attorney
J. Nathan Overstreet has a civil trial practice with an emphasis in personal injury trial law (acted as lead or sole counsel in 30+ jury trials). He earned his law degree from Baylor University School of Law in 1992 after receiving his B.A. in History and Speech Communication from Baylor University in 1989. He has been licensed since November of 1992 and has been admitted to practice in the northern and southern federal district courts of Texas. The Texas Board of Legal Specialization certified him in personal injury trial law in 2000. He was re-certified again in 2004 by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Aside from his plaintiffs’ practice, his former experience includes insurance defense of third-party automobile claims for the nation’s largest automobile insurer. He currently represents the country of Saudi Arabia in the Houston region of the United States. Mr. Overstreet co-founded the Texas Scholarship Foundation, a tax-exempt non-profit corporation, and voluntarily served as its president.
- J.D. (1992), Baylor University School of Law
- Octa-finalist Moot Court Competition
- B.A. in History and Speech Communication (1989), Baylor University
- Member, Baylor’s National Championship Debate Team (1st place, Univ. of North Texas Invite.) (3rd place, Texas A&M Univ. Invite.)
- Company Name Edward Jones
- Dates Employed Jun 2016 – Present
- Employment Duration2 yrs. 11 mos.
- Location: Houston, Texas Area
I have been part of the Edward Jones family first as a client, now as a Financial Advisor since the early 2000’s. Having spent the first 29 yrs in the Upstream Oil Gas Sector as an explorationist and field developer, from individual contributor through management, I know what it takes to help technical and support team members prepare for, transition, and live comfortably in retirement with dignity and independence. I want to hear what is important to you. I use an established process to deliver a customized plan for you, and I partner with you for life to ensure that you are on track to reach your goals and objectives. As part of my service, I reach out to you at least once per quarter, and meet with you at least twice per year.
My practice is built upon long term relationships. I start with understanding what is important to you. I use an established process to deliver a personalized and comprehensive plan. Then, I partner with you for life to help you reach your goals and objectives. As part of my service, I call you at least once per quarter, and meet with you twice per year.
Edward Jones Wealth Manager
HGS AGC Committee
Cynthia Daly – Treasurer
- Company Name: Stream Energy
- Dates Employed: Sep 2013 – Present
- Employment Duration: 5 yrs 8 mos
- Location: Houston, Texas Area
I teach others how to earn passive residual income on electricity, natural gas and mobile phone services. These essential services are included in every household budget. 99.9% of all occupied homes and commercial buildings have electricity. There is an average of 4 phones per home. If you would like to know more information on how you can save and earn on these services, please contact me at 832-496-0886 or send me a message.
Website: www.dalycynthia.mystream.com. Please feel free to contact me at 813-785-1450.
- University of Houston-Downtown
- Degree Name: Bachelor’s Degree Field of Study Criminal Justice and Corrections
- Dates attended or expected graduation 2000 – 2002
- Huntsville High School
- Integrated Marketing Communications & Brand Strategist
- University of Houston-Clear Lake
- Degree Name: Master of Arts (M.A.) Field of Study: Humanities/Humanistic Studies: Professional Writing/Digital Media Studies
- Dates attended or expected graduation 2006 – 2009
- Texas Southern University
- Texas Southern University
- Degree Name: Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Field of Study: Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs Activities and Societies: NABJ
- Xavier University of Louisiana
- Field of Study: Biology, General
Sharon Odom – IT Guru
A native Texan, Sharon Odom has been online since 1995. At the time she was working for The Walt Disney Company in Burbank California as a Human Resources Information Systems Analyst.
After an extended maternity leave in 1997 to have triplets (2 girls, 1 boy), she went on to create one of Disney’s first intranet websites, and led several key web development projects for Disney’s Corporate Human Resources. In 2000 she left Disney, only to return as a consultant.
After Sept 11th, consulting funds dried up, and rather than seek another corporate job, she became self-employed, and created her first information product “How to Promote Your Local Business on the Internet”.
From there she developed a portal devoted to local internet marketing and lead generation. Sharon has authored books, products and courses related to online marketing, and now specializes in WordPress websites and email marketing.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Prairie View A&M University, Prairie View, TX
- MBA Computers & Information Systems, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA